Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Monday, November 28, 2011

Back to Back Marathons to Finish 2011

I've entered the most frustrating period of training....the Taper. With a little extra weight put on over the Thanksgiving Holiday and unable to run 10 miles a day to burn it off, I'm having to do it the old fashion way.....eat really really healthy and calorie lite foods, with minimal carbs. Alcohol is not on my list of drinks that I can consume...so that'll help me drop weight. Today I got up at 3AM CST to catch my 6:10AM flight to Denver. I enjoyed 2 cups of coffee this am and a banana. When I got to the office I grabbed an apple and a yogurt. For lunch I had a 6 inch turkey sub from Subway, while dinner was a salad from whole foods with chicken. I was able to get in a 90 minute massage which actually was disappointing. He spent 1 hour on back and shoulders after I told the jack ass to work my calfs and feet as well as IT bands, moron! Tomorrow night I get a real massage from Amy with hot stones....she'll do it up right. Looking forward to seeing Jack's first hoops game on Thursday as well as Sadie's choir concert. On Friday I'm heading out to Vegas and onto Death Valley for an 8AM start to the Death Valley Trail Marathon. Post race I'm headed back to Vegas to run the Rock n Roll Marathon on Sunday late afternoon/evening. The Mexican Honey Badger, Hawaiian Ray, Ken and Nancy will all be doing the double marathons....a bunch of crazy Leadville runners...like me. These will be the last two races of the season and I'll be glad to coast into the Xmas holiday satisfied that I accomplished quite a bit, athletically in 2011. Lots of stuff to write about....but gotta get my rest this week so I go into this weekend primed. Will take a bunch of photos...Cheers! PS - I'm going to whip TP's ass at IMAZ......game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment