Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fiesta Marathon...

In one week I will be in McAllen, TX racing in the Fiesta Marathon.  It is the last opportunity in 2012 to qualify for Boston.  After missing the BQ cutoff in Berlin by 45 seconds I am anxious to get that monkey off of my back.  I haven't specifically trained to race to qualify, I am in good overall shape post IM PHX and have been getting in the miles.  My training has been more race specific for the Yukon Arctic Ultra race in February about 7 weeks out.

Hawaiian Ray and Francisco will be racing as well.  Thinking that I will try to hang with Ray, hoping that he runs a 7:30-7:40 mile pace.  Looking forward to getting this race done and focusing on YAU.  The weather for the race in McAllen will be cloudy with a low of 60F and high of 79F.  Francisco is claiming that this course is pancake flat....hoping he's right...otherwise Ray and I may be making a call to INS :).

Unfortunately I won't be "tapering" into this race given the fact that YAU is only 7 weeks out.  I will only run a couple of miles on Friday and Saturday to just stay loose, but other wise will plan on logging at least 40 miles this week prior to the marathon.

Time to hit the rack....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment