Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, October 25, 2013

The Javelina Jundred

They say that it's not good to overtrain going into a big race, well I've got that box checked unless of course one considers spending the week before in New Orleans and getting 4-5 hours a sleep per night training.

After getting shut down at mile 63 at the Plain 100 four weeks ago in the Cascades I simply had to sign up for another race to redeem myself.  This will be my 3rd 100 miler this year.  So far I'm 1-1 and fully expect to exit the season 2-1.  

The weather in Phoenix will be 92F to 65F with clear skies and 0% chance of rain.  A hot race, which I prefer.  Not a fan of the cold, especially at night when you're fatigued and moving slowly. 

I've got a race veteran Greg Unger and race newby Timmy Picciott that will be my crew/pacing team.  It's going to be an interesting race in the desert, a 1st for me.  

I've got quite a few reasons to be racing this weekend.  Many reasons not to feel too sorry for myself when I hit the epic lows of a 100 mile trail run.  I look forward to the suffering and the mental games that will ensue, it is my medicine. I have many reasons to make it to the finish line on Sunday morning.  

The gun goes off at 6AM MST tomorrow, Saturday October 26, 2013. 

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment