Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Thursday, August 19, 2010

52 Hours to Race Start....But Who's Counting???


I'm prepared as I'm ever going to be. Always feel like I could have gotten in a little more training, a little more rest, a little better nutrition, managed stress at work better, etc., however, race day is almost upon us all and there is no turning back. Running 100 miles will be the most daunting endurance event attempted thus far in my life, at altitude........ I enter these races to test my mental toughness and disciplines with the expectation that it will favorably impact other aspects of my life, both personal and professionally. I have to say that the LT 100 has me a little concerned, although I've run all sections of the course numerous times I've never put it all together in under 25 hours. My game plan is solid, preparation is most likely better that 90% of the other participants so the odds favored the prepared.

I expect many challenges throughout the day but will persevere and will do my very best to stay with my game plan - even though I know that I'm going to want to run harder in the beginning. I've been warned by all of the experts to simply pace yourself and be patient - two areas that I struggle with.

I've got a most excellent crew joining me for the race along with solid pacers - so what more could I ask for.........hmmm let me think......a time in under 25 hours.

Going to get some rest before the big day!

Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. WAHOO! You're going to do great...see you tonight! XO

    ReplyDelete