Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Good Start to the Week......

Both Sunday and today got in 7.5 miles on the trails up at Percy Warner. The weather in Nashville has been high 50's/low 60's...for January it's pretty darn good. Unfortunately I have been battling a cold for the past 4 days and it's had an impact on my work out routine. My legs have felt pretty dead on the last two runs...it could be simply due to the fact that the Percy Warner trails have quite a bit of ascending and descending...I did not walk any of the trails but plodded up the steep ascents while trying to negotiate the steep descents. Below is a cool pic from my run today on the trails.
I read a great blog last night and finished it this morning about a guy that did UTMB last year. He DNF'd which is nothing to be ashamed of on a course like that. The take aways were the in-climate weather, sleet, snow, heavy rains, temperatures ranging 40 degrees throughout the race, muddy terrain, etc. Quite frankly it was pretty concerning. I'm not a cold weather runner and especially being wet and cold is an even bigger concern....so...need to plan for the worst weather and hope for the best. Headed to Chicago in the morning. I hope to get in an early morning (5:00AM-6:30AM) practice with the masters group. They always kick my ass...but feel great afterwords. With a little more than 90 days out from IM STG I have an excellent base and will begin a more formal and disciplined training program...which should benefit my run. Gotta get some sleep ....Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment