Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Thursday, May 3, 2012

IM ST GEORGE 2012

IM STG is about 36 hours from now.  I've made it to STG and the weather is pretty damn hot.  At 5PM in the afternoon the sun is still very high in the sky, which is why it has been 85F at 6PM in the evening.  My plan of getting off the bike late in the afternoon to run in the cooler late afternoon early evening is back firing on me.  Not much I can do about the weather other than put on lots of sun screen and hydrate well along with taking my enduralytes.

At the crack today I flew from Denver into Las Vegas and drove about 2 hours north into the lower southwest corner of Utah.  I've heard people say just how beautiful it is in STG.  I gotta say, not really.  It's a town in the middle of a desert.  Can't quite figure out why anyone would want to build a small town out here.

I spent the flight and up till about 4PM local time (MST) getting my work done so that tomorrow I can relax, after a few morning biz calls.

As you can see from my BIB I am a professional athlete. There was a mix up when the bib was made and inadvertently they put on to that I was a professional...pretty funny.  Certain that I'll be the only professional in the water for 90 minutes and on the bike for 7 hours.  Who only knows what'll happen in the heat on the run.

I'll be sending around an email letting everyone the website to check in on my process throughout the day. Till then...going to chill and get some rest and wrap my mind around my little 13-14 hour adventure.

Cheers!

1 comment: