Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, July 7, 2013

2013 Silver Rush 50M Trail Run.....

Post Summer 2013 DR, I've done a few short runs...relatively speaking and have gotten in a 40M bike ride and a 1M swim.  I'm trying to take it easy on my knees post DR.  Running mountains with 50-80LBs of extra weight beat my knees up.  I've got the SR50 coming up in a week and need to make certain that I have recovered as much as possible.  The SR50 is a pretty tough race...running on trails  at an average altitude of around 11,000 ft above sea level.  This will be my 4th SR50...3 year ago I finished in 10:04...an unbelievable time.  The following year I finished in 12:38...and got punished as a result of poor nutrition and hydration.  Last year I finished around 11:15 which was respectable and a time that I hope to replicate again this year.

The key to this race is managing the altitude.  It is only 50 miles but the altitude requires much respect...and then some.  Having completed the race 3X it's all about just finishing and enjoying the day with all of the other veterans and newbies.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of my buddies there this weekend, Francisco, Tim, Patrick, Marge, Ken, Nancy, Greg, Ray and a slew of others that have run the trails of Leadville.

Till then, I've got to hit LA, Chicago and then Denver before making my way up to Leadville....The fun simply never stops....feeling good.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I wish I could have made this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all good...it's more important that you are recovering well from the operation. Those addadicktomes sound painful. Get well soon....PT

      Delete