Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Everyday I'm Shufflin.....

I managed to get in a few runs this past week, but nothing of any significance.  My right hamstring is really giving me issues.  It's a tear on the bottom outer right side of the hamstring.  It's "balls" up sometimes when I'm working out, like a cramp.  Gotta take it slow still, although I'm not wired that way.  TheYukon Arctic Ultra finished up yesterday.  Quite a few competitors finished the 430 mike trek, but just 2 finished the 300 mile race.

4 miles in 39 minutes....a slow pace but got in more miles
today than 99.9% of the obese people in America today...
and that's with a bad hamstring.........felt good!   
With about 60 days to go till the Leadman in Tempe I've definitely got my work cut out for me.  I'm thinking that I'll make that a recovery, training triathlon.  Need to take it slow and easy as I have a several large races this year.  I'm trying to fit in a 100 mile trail run in the UK in May but not sure at this juncture.  I'm working out in LA for the foreseeable future and close to the San Bernadino mt range so the plan is to begin hitting those trails.

It's going to be a tough time getting back into race shape with this injury.  Everyday I'm looking for baby steps and baby gains.  I'll get there, just need to simply persevere.

Thinking about the Summer Death Race.....hmmm...funny how time erases the pain.

Cheers..PT

No comments:

Post a Comment