Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back at it.....

It's official.  IM training has officially begun.  Three miles on the treadmill, core work out, strength training with calfs and triceps, finishing with a 2,200 meter swim.  Getting up early tomorrow to hit the gym and start to log the miles in.  My hamstring injury has really hamstrung me for the last 5 weeks.  There is still a knot in my right hamstring that needs to get worked regularly.

My weight is about 184lbs or 4-5lbs over my average, primarily due to my work out routine and office demands that have been pretty intense as of late.  The next race on the docket is the Leadman in Tempe, AZ.  It's a 1.5M swim, 70 mile bike and a 7 mile run.  It's a distance that you can actually race pretty hard for the entire time.  The format of the course benefits a strong swimmer as much time can be gained in the water.  I'm going to take this race easy and use it as a base training building day.  The first real hard race of the season will be the Summer Death Race that I'm still contemplating.  It's a real "beat down" of a race so still on the fence.

I didn't appreciate the conditioning that I had till I've had to take it easy for the last 5 weeks.  Gotta build it back....one early morning and long weekend at a time.  There is no substitute for training....Cheers...PT


No comments:

Post a Comment