Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Monday, March 11, 2013

Training Week #1

Last week began my official training for 2013.  I was able to get in 5 meaningful runs all at 5-6 miles in length.  Did a combination of lower paced runs along with some tempo and speed work outs.  The hamstring is still pretty tight.  I also made it back into the pool.  Core and strength workouts were included in all but one session.  It feels good to get back into a routine, but the going is rather slow.

With only about 4 weeks till the Leadman in AZ, it's going to be an interesting day.  The swim won't be an issue, but the bike is going to be a grind.  I haven't been on the bike since IM AZ in November.  I hope to get back on it this up coming weekend.  In the interim I hope to get in a few spin classes.  I'm thinking that the Leadman has a 70M bike which should usually take about 3.5 hours, but in my shitty condition it'll probably take me 4 hours of grinding.

I'm anxious to get back into race shape....just gotta stick to the plans.

Back out to LA this week.  I'm going to try and get in a couple of trail runs up near Big Bear.  Some altitude and hill training will certain get me up the learning curve quickly.  Both work and home have been moving at a crazy crazy pace as of late...and trying to just keep the balance.

Signing off from 30,000 feet...Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Is good to hear you still haven't give up...stay strong and healthy!!!

    Fco.

    ReplyDelete