Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, August 10, 2013

IM Lake Placid Results.....

Lake Placid is a really nice venue for an IM.  The fan support was great.  The weather was threatening most go the day with overcast clouds, but never really did rain to speak of, making for perfect weather for an IM.

Pre Race 50th Anniversary Party
The swim...It was a nice two loop course.  I figured out on lap #2 that there was a rope about 5 feet under the surface that tied the buoys together that you could track to and swim in a straight line.  With my lack of swim training I was pretty pleased to be out of the water in under 1:45.

The bike was a rolling course whereby you could really make up some time  on the descents.  During lap #1 of the 2 lap course the roads were wet so I couldn't completely bomb the descents.  Getting off of the bike in under 7 hours was also a nice accomplishment.  The bike course was challenging but fun.  Having it go through Lake Placid so I could see Carla, Jack and Sadie made it tolerable and motivating.

The run was a little more hilly than I would've liked but I just forced myself to focus and push on,  finishing in under 5 hours.  As usual I ran the flats and down hills and walked the up hills.  The two loop course wasn't too bad.

1000 Isles Monster Pike
Great Job Sadie!!
The finish is always the best part.  Running down the finishers chute is always pretty special.  What made it more special was having Carla, Jack and Sadie at the finish.  Completing this IM makes it #7 after Brazil, Australia, Lanzarote, CDA, STG and AZ.  Need to knock down 5 more and get on the fast track to Kona.


I hit all of my projected times for all three segments.  Even though my overall time was nothing to write home about, it's about finishing, persevering and never quitting.  This one is in the record books.  


All is good...next stop Leadville!

Cheers!!

PT

No comments:

Post a Comment