Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, October 10, 2010

North Face Endurance 50 Ultra Run

The training continues ........ major focus is on the run. I've been nursing an "overuse" injury on my left achilles, so my training was more of a rest week, last week - only getting in 25 miles. Today was a very warm day to run mid 80's fall afternoon 12.6 mile run at an average speed of 8:45 mile. Walked all hills to take the strain off of the achilles. Felt really good, despite a very late night on the town with guests in town. Felt even better last night :).

I've got a busy week in front of me, travel, meetings, etc. the usual stuff. All is going well on the work and home front. Weight is 3-4 pounds over where I need to be come race day - but as they say - train heavy - race light. The interesting thing about 50 mile endurance races is that you actually want to go into the race a couple of pounds over a 70.3 IM. A 50 miler is like doing a full IM. The body takes one hell of a pounding.

Below is a picture of the Leadville Silver Rush 50 mile trail run. This was a very difficult track - at altitude. Hoping that San Fran track is easier. Thinking that it will be.







Gotta get my rest this week and goal is to get in 40-50 miles while working calves.

Cheers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment