Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Training on hold..........

8 days ago I was clumsy enough to take a spill on the hardwood stairs. Needless to say - the stairs won. Sadie saved the day by calling 911 and getting me a ride to the Williamson County Medical Center. It was a full moon ..that's my story, morning glory.

As you can see from the picture below it was a pretty nasty fall. Cracked a couple of my ribs - very painful and has left me unable to train for my up and coming race in San Fran, the 50 mile North Face Endurance Ultra. Next weekend was suppose to be a training weekend on the course in SF. Not looking too good right now. While I feel a little better 8 days post accident - still a long ways from being able to run. I went to Prairie Life Fitness yesterday to do calf raises and quad work. While there, I decided to step up on the treadmill - at a 15 degree incline and walk at 3 MPH. Not a good idea. So I stepped down off of the treadmill and decided that I simply need to take it easy for the next week - if I want to have any chance of racing on Dec 4....





So the young bull has the psychological advantage right now. I'm taking this as an opportunity to heal up my old bones and joints. Doing a lot of stretching of the achilles, calves & quads. Unfortunately the core will suffer - a critical component for finishing an race of this length. When I raced the Leadville Silver Rush 50 trail run, my core is what sustained me late in the race and kept me from doing a couple of face plants. Post mile 40 it's a little difficult to keep your feet up and if they catch a root or rock it's your core that saves you. So......gotta keep the feet up.

More to follow....very very hard not to train.....going CRAZY **#$!!

No comments:

Post a Comment