Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Monday, February 13, 2012

Lance takes 2nd place....

It's pretty impressive that Lance held the lead for a good portion of the run till he was overtaken at IM 70.3 Panama in his debut race this past weekend. He was 19 minutes in the water, beat the field by 4 minutes on the bike and lost by less than a minute.
At 40 years of age...pretty good.

This past week I continued my focus on the run. Got in close to 40 miles both inside and outside. Got in several interval training runs to begin improving on speed. The endurance training for 50 and 100 mile runs have developed a solid base, but no speed.

On Saturday I got in 15 miles on the treadmill running 2 miles at a 7:30 pace and 1/2 mile at a 9 min/mile pace. I could've probably have run the entire 15 at the 7:30 pace but need to take it easy and not jack up my Achilles. This week I will do lots of calf raises to keep everything in balance.

Started the week off with about 1,500 meters of swim in the 50M lanes at the wcrc. Ashley had us doing lots of drills which left my shoulders pretty sore.

On a plane and headed to Rochester for the day then off to Denver for the rest of the week. Hoping to get in a lot of time on the bike in spin classes this week along with a solid massage.

More to follow...got shut down

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment