Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Visit to Dr. Stark...

Just to be safe I went to see my orthopedic doctor on Monday to check out my left ankle that has been bothering me.  Suspecting that it was mild peroneal tendonitis I wanted just to have a pic taken of it and have him check it out.  He confirmed my suspicions, but more importantly he calmed my nerves of it being anything too bad that would prevent me from finishing the UTMB.  In addition he wrote me a prescription for some anti inflammatory drugs which should get it under control pre race.

The problem with a nagging over use injury like this is that you start to favor your injured ankle which puts extra stress on the right leg.  Case in point, I ran 5 miles on Sunday afternoon on the roads/hills and on Monday I woke up with a sore right calf and achilles..grrr!  Since then I've managed to get in another 3 mile light run on the treadmill and core workout.  I expect to get in 50 miles on the bike this weekend, a couple light runs and core routine.  I'm still too heavy and need to drop 3-4 lbs, which I won't have a problem doing because starting today, no more alcohol, no more junk food, salads, proteins and light complex carbs are my diet...along with at least 8 hours of sleep per night.

I checked out the 10 day forecast for Chamonix this morning and it looks like Friday start weather is going to be in the mid 60's and lows in the mid 40's.  At higher elevation it'll drop into high 30's I'm expecting.  Can't control it...but sure as hell can plan for it.  Anxious...very anxious.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment