Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, June 14, 2009

COUNTDOWN BEGINS.....6 DAYS TILL IMCDA!!!


Well as can be expected the weather for IMCDA next Sunday has changed - so I'm going to stop reporting on it and thinking about it.  

I got in my last "long" ride today......rode out to the farm which is exactly 56 miles door to door. Met the family for a barbeque and then drove back to Brentwood.  The ride was very hilly - typical of middle Tennessee - a great last prep ride for the race next weekend.  Averaged 18.7MPH - which equates to a 5 hour 54 minute time for 112 miles - which I'm not certain that I can sustain if the course is as hilly as todays and still have 26.2 miles left in my legs....that's the beauty of the IM.

Packed my bike - got new wheels and a tune up and it's looking and feeling fine.  Having a slight issue with my seat post clamp but crossing my fingers that it lasts thru this race - otherwise I'm in big trouble on the bike.

Got a busy week - but getting my 8 hours of sleep................signing off....for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment