Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Training Begins Again..........

After taking exactly six days off from IM CDA I began my training regimen today.  I rode an easy 25 miles on the bike out to route 96 and averaged about 18.4 MPH in 93F+ heat at 3PM CST.  Post bike ride I bricked a 2 mile run in the neighborhood.  Overall felt pretty good.  Very pleased that I sustained no injuries during IM CDA.  Gotta get up at 4AM CST to catch a flight to Denver CO for the week and return on Friday AM.

My training is going to be focused on building on my base endurance along with speed work in all three areas.  I learned in CDA that I need to train harder and be focused, albeit difficult with work and travel schedule.  

For dinner scarfed down sockeye salmon with rice and broccoli at the poolside.  My weight is averaging about 176LBS despite eating everything that I could this past week.  My metabolism is still burning calories from IMCDA.

Looking forward to next event(s) - not burned out at all and anxious to sign up for IM Florida on November 7, 2009 - which leaves me about 130 days out - so better get my game plan organized........

No comments:

Post a Comment