Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, January 23, 2010

17 Weeks till IMLZ and 29 weeks till Leadville 100


Time is still on my side, but not by much....... I'm officially 17 weeks out from IM Lanzarote and 29 weeks out from The Leadville 100 Trail Run. This means that I really need to get down to business and have my training schedule dialed in, along with my nutrition schedule.

I'm currently at 178 pounds and will probably drop down to 173-175 with my training schedule. I'm going to adhere to a pretty good diet, carbs in the am and protein at night. I've got all of my supplement supplies - in Denver and Nashville. Sleep will be a priority as well as trying not to become race ready in 30 days. It's a slow and methodical process, with discipline. Having never run more than 28 miles continuously I'm very curious to see how the body responds - mentally I'm there - but ask me again when I'm at mile 50, 75 & 85.

More to follow - headed out to Jack's game and then for a bike ride.................

Well Jack won his basketball game this afternoon by 1 point. I met up with Stinson and Waller for a 35 mile ride. The weather was mild for January at about 55F, but extremely windy. We battled against 20MPH head winds all of the way out past Arrington Vineyards before turning around and enjoying a nice tail wind.

This was actually the farthest that I've ridden on the new Felt B2 Pro. Had to tighten up the seat and make a few tweaks, but overall it's a great ride. I was in aero position for the entire ride along with my aero helmut. Waller and Stinson decided to ride their road bikes and paid for it as they sat up like a sail in their saddles as the wind just punished them. After riding inside for the past month or so it was nice to get back outside on the road - noticing different muscle groups being worked.

I've got swimming, core and weights to hit tomorrow along with a nice easy 2-3 mile run. Still nursing my right high achilles strain before putting on more mileage. I've got a healthy dose of respect for the LT 100 in August and it's weighing heavily on my mind. I've got a ton of training miles to log before then. For now ....... signing off - good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment