Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Swim & Run Day


Jack had his 1:15Pm swim practice today with Dee and is progressing. I'm very happy that he is enjoying swimming. Me on the other hand - the swim is not my friend although I'm making progress on my 100M times. Today we got in about 2,000 meters and I felt pretty good - even though it pushed me hard. Averaged about 2 minutes per 100M - which is good for me. I'd love to be able to work this down to 1:45 come race day in New Orleans & Lanzarote. Gotta keep getting in the pool and working it hard. No shoulder problems yet.........hopefully I can maintain training schedule and stay injury free for the swim.

Prior to jumping in the pool - I managed to get in 3.25 miles on the treadmill and felt pretty good. At a 9:00/Mile pace - I would expect to - however I'm very nervous about straining my right high achilles - I'm stretching it several times a day along with my left achilles. My goal is to get up to 25 miles per week - over the next couple of weeks. I'll probably focus on shorter runs but more frequently - like 3 miles 2X per day to get in the miles I need. This should take some strain off of the achilles while still getting in the miles. By the end of February I'd like to be up to 35 miles per week - going to listen to my body right now and not push too hard. More focused on endurance than speed right now. There is plenty of time once I have my base built for interval training. By spring time I'll be racing 5K & 10k's which will do wonders for my speed. Till then, I need to get in my miles, keep my heart rate in the low 130's and be disciplined with my swim, bike and running.

In the morning I'm off to Atlanta, then NYC by nightfall and then to Philly on Tuesday afternoon. On Wednesday, I'll make my way back to Denver for the remainder of the week. I have all of my gear to train with on the road - just need to find a 24HR FITNESS or YMCA.

Oh the joy of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment