Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who runs faster the gazelle or the lion?


This is the start of a new week - which marks the end of last week. A summary of my workouts were as follows:

2 swims - 2000M - nothing to write home about but got in the water and swam hard

7 Runs - 21.5 Miles - still building my base and stretching the achilles, while building calves

3 Bike - 2/45 Minute spin classes and 1 on the trainer on the felt B2 Pro - base building - low miles

It was a good base building week. The tendency is to push it harder, but I'm not there yet and need another week like this but should add 4-5 more miles of running, 2 more swims and 2 more spin classes. A couple of weeks of that and I can start adding more miles. The goal is to really focus on my running, while maintaining my bike and swim. I simply need to be respectable on the bike and smoke the run....

Tomorrow is February 1st and 110 days or so till IMLAZ. So for the next 28 days I'm just focused on a solid base - not a ton of miles but quality workouts. I'm executing well to plan right now, despite a busy busy work schedule. Discipline is everything early on - as you can't make up lost time. I'm in Denver all week and have not reason not to nail my schedule.

Very motivated right now...............Ran 6 miles today and got in a great core workout along with 1,500 yards in the pool - a great start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment