Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Road Remains Long...........


Just when you thought winter was behind us - then comes along a winter storm to hit nashville. A bunch of snow with sleet and freezing rain to add to the mess. I spent most of the day in the office getting out a very important customer proposal. When I left I was planning on a 6-7 mile run at Prairie Life - so much for the plan - as they closed at 2PM - piss me off!!! I scrambled and called the MF YMCA and they were open till 4PM so I had about 35 minutes on the treadmill. I managed to get in about 3.25 miles at about a 8:30/mile pace. When I got home I set up my Felt B2 Pro on the trainer upstairs and peddled away for a good solid 45-50 minutes - working up a pretty good sweat. I stretched my calves and achilles.

Carla made a great spaghetti & meatball dinner. A Saturday tradition with the family. Of course I over ate and then had 3 chocolate chip cookies for dessert - I'm like a dog once I start I can't stop till I get sick. I'm hoping for a break in the wether tomorrow so I can get in a swim, bike and run along with core and base. Gotta start the week off right!

I didn't quite achieve all of my goals for the week - but overall it was a good base training week. My weight has stabilized at about 178lbs - would like this to be my high end weight and keep it around 172 in the morning and 175lbs at night. I've cut out most caffeine and all alcohol while I train for IMLA.

Still plenty of training left - Im getting my discipline back on all fronts and it feels good!

The beat goes on........

No comments:

Post a Comment