Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Good Day......

Well I managed to get in 14 miles today on the tread mill at PL. Averaged around an 8:45/Mile. Felt pretty spent and significantly glycogen deficient at the end of the run. Only had one hammer gel early on and 32 oz of H2O. Felt like falling asleep while on the treadmill. I tried to emulate race condition feelings and then trying to fight thru the urge to stop and simply curl up and go to sleep. I successfully fought off the urges, did not pass out and made it home in one piece.

The tally for the week was about 49 miles. Pretty good for 2 weeks out from the RR100. No major injuries or issues to note. I plan on being careful over the next two weeks and cross training in the pool and bike. I will limit my running next week to 5 miles per day. The following week only 10 miles before the RR100 with a ton of rest, hydration, vitamins, etc.

A 100 mile run is nothing to take for granted. I have trained very hard for this event and feel good about getting to mile 60 or 70 and from there on is a toss up. You never know if you're going to twist an ankle, develop achilles issues, sprain a knee, develop exercise induced asthma, poor nutrition/hydration during the race, inclimate weather/temps, etc.

While I'm confident, trained and experienced.....again nothing can be taken for granted.....

Going to get some rest.....

Cheers!


PS - A great evening with the Ducey's at Wild Ginger (It's a sushi joint!)

1 comment:

  1. very nervous about the 100 miler...sorry I won't be there:(..... will be thinking about you all day and night and day!

    ReplyDelete