Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, January 14, 2011

Managed to get in 5.5 miles last night on the switch back trails in Golden CO. Temps were in the mid 30's. Trails were snow covered .... for the most part. This was my first night run in the Rockies with snow packed trails.

In order to run the trails I simply ran in my Saucony's with 2-3 screws in the front ball of the shoe and 2-3 on the heel. The set up worked really really well.

I must say, after being out of altitude for a few weeks really impacted my performance. Also, my asthma kicked in about 3/4 thru the run. Fortunately it was on the descent.

I did not get in my goal of 12 miles but that's ok. The quality of my workout was great! Vey very cool running at night in the snow.

Post run I enjoyed some homemade lasagna from Tim Engel. It was damn good! Lots of chatter about seeing a large mountain lion. I was too focused on the trail to look around for a mt lion.

Gotta get some miles in this weekend on the trails.

Feeling good right now.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment