Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Night Trail Run in Red Rocks

So far this week I have managed to get in 9.25 miles on Sunday, travel day Monday, Tuesday got in a 20 minute swim, 1 hour spin class and a 45 minute run (5 miles), Wednesday rested and today got in 5 miles this am and another 7 this evening on the snowy trails in at Red Rocks, in Morrison CO with DTR's.

Running at night in the foothills of the Rockies is really something special. It was nearly a full moon tonight, with pretty clear skies. The temps were in the high 20's, which was a little chilly at first but then warmed up quickly as we made a 3 mile climb up the switch back trails. The trails tonight were much more technical than some others we run at night. I managed to wear 2 lamps, one around my waist and one on my head. It provided a pretty good view of the trails. I purchased, for $28, a nice pair of Yak Trax which go on the bottom of your running shoes to help with the traction in sketchy conditions. They worked really well and couldn't even tell that they were being worn.

No issue today with Posterior Tibial or anything else for that matter. I've been diligent with my stretching. Received a fabulous massage on Wednesday night which worked out most of my kinks - a real life saver. Getting to bed early so I can get up an put in 10 miles on the treadmill in the morning. I need to get in more miles as I've only logged in 26 miles so far this week and really would like to get in 50 before i begin the DREADED taper over the next 2 weeks, commencing this Sunday :(

With that said....I'm going to hit the rack.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment