Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, May 22, 2011

20 Miler.....

Wow....after back to back 70.3's I would've thought that I'd be in better shape....Banged out a 20 mile run today and actually felt it. Quads a little beat up....otherwise my infrastructure held up. The temps today hovered around 80F. The run had some rolling hills at 800Ft above sea level. Nothing too arduous. I had my 70oz camelback with perpetuam, strawberry/vanilla....definitely need to deep six that shit....every time I take it I get nauseous. That is what practice is all about - testing and figuring out what works and what doesn't. What was interesting is the fact that it took about 12 minutes after each hammer gel before it hit my blood stream - then I felt like Popeye after choking down a can of spinach - blam!!!

Only 90 days till the LT 100 trail run....so much work to do....Not even close to be trained up. Good news is that I've been to this rodeo and know what I need to do to prepare...I have my nutrition, strength, mental and mileage training fairly well organized..just gotta stick to my schedule.....lots to do so little time.

Getting up early to make my weekly pilgrimage to Denver on the SWA 6:05AM flight.......looking very much forward to training at altitude. Miss Hope and I have a big date coming up.....I'll be ready for her.....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment