Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, May 27, 2011

A Solid Week of Training...So Far

Was able to get in a few miles this am along with my strength training before getting into the office. A frustrating day at work..... oh well...made up for it this evening by getting in a 7.5 mile run in Golden Colorado on the trails at White Ranch. It was a beautiful night for running, temps were mild and a great showing form the Denver Trail Runners Club. It was a very challenging run but was motivated by younger runners that hit the hills pretty hard and some older runners that did the same. Surprisingly I'm sore from the run, knees, calves and achilles. Probably over did it tonight.

Tomorrow have a lot of work to do - can't get a flight till Saturday am - which sucks - but going to make the best of it with a late afternoon/evening bike ride at White Ranch. Hope to get in 40-50 miles to see what it takes and feels like on a mountain bike. I have a 70oz camel back that I'll take with me along with hammer gels so should be fine as I'll put Heed in my camelback as well. My biggest concern is riding these trails as they are pretty tight and have very technical turns. the goal is to not get injured but take it easy - stop along the way and take some cool pics.

Pretty please that I have 35 miles in so far and expect to get in at least 15 more by Saturday to get my total miles up to 50 this week, without injuring the old body.....

It's late and I'm hitting the rack....

Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment