Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, June 10, 2011

DTR Run at Mt Falcon

Yesterday made it up to Mt Falcon, near Evergreen, for the 6:15PM run at 7,500ft of altitude. It was my first run since my bad bike crash. I felt pretty sore running and breathing was difficult. Thinking that the first run at this altitude was the primary reason and my injured shoulder/lung was the secondary. We ran a little over 5 miles which brought my total weekly miles up to about 18.

I had a pretty rough night as my shoulder gave me a lot of trouble. So I got up at 4:30AM, skyped Carla at 5:00AM took a shower and got ready for work, but not before picking up my iphone from a very nice lady that found it in the road yesterday.

I'm eating better this week as I try to drop a few pounds getting back into a real workout routine. This evening I went to 24HRF to get in a light 2 mile run and stretch out. Did some laundry at the hotel and grabbed some pasta to fuel up for our 28-30 mile run tomorrow beginning at 6AM. The course has 20,000 feet of elevation gain and loss, so it's going to be a tough tough day. If I have to walk it, I will. Not planning on setting any land speed records.

I plan on taking some pics with the Iphone for my blog. Post run the plan is to drive up to Leadville to get in a 10 mile run at 10,000 ft of altitude. Nothing major just running some rather flat trails. Getting up at 4AM - so hitting the rack early...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment