Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Training Camp Day #1 Results

The day started early with breakfast and a bus ride to Mayqueen Campground.....My run began at a pretty slow pace today, with Tim taking some video footage. The trails were a bit muddy due to the run off. Feet really didn't get too wet today despite the water. The pic below is early in the day as we were climbing Sugarloaf with great views of Mayqueen and Turquoise Lake.




The day was warm and windy. My HR for the first 10 miles didn't go much above 115BPM. I felt really good, but must say going slow is painful...but too fast creates an unrecoverable glycogen deficit.

Inventory of the day....Feet and ankles....right arch either bruised or strained. Calfs and Achilles......calfs good right achilles lower is a little sore. Hamstrings...no issues. Quads and knees....a little beat up but no apparent injuries. Core...very good. Shoulders and back....sore but not a real bad sore. Face is wind burned, but not sun burned as I wore my visor, sunglasses lip block and sun block.

We grabbed a bag of ice and I iced down both legs up to my knees in a garbage can...ouch...that stings...but worth it!

Decided to skip the organized dinner and went to the local italian joint for some pasta, bread and a couple of glasses of wine. We then went to the saloon to watch USA mens team gets their asses whipped by Mexico 4-2 in the Gold Cup. In bed by 10PM and prepared to meet for breakfast at the Golden Burro for a solid breakfast before my date with Ms Hope.

An overall solid day of training. It was good to run from May Queen to Twin Lakes, through Tree Line and Half Moon. As I passed through Half Moon I gave it the finger. My first time back through that area since I was carted off last year. The climb out to Twin Lakes and the descent reminded just how tough it is on 60 mile legs to take on this sort of climb. My mental game was not prepared for this last year....this year I am getting prepared.

Looking forward to training on Sunday......

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment