Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Green Mountain Trail Run....

Made it out of the office at around 6:30PM and headed out through the Denver traffic to Green Mountain for an 8 mile trail run. It was 90F in Denver and about 80F up in the foothills. I wasn't the only one with this idea today....lot's of runners and mtn bikers out yesterday. I took Monday off from any training to rest, getting 8 hrs of sleep both Monday and Tuesday night...much needed rest. My left IT band and knee have been acting up a little bit...nothing significant and my left outside foot is a little sore as well. I need to be very careful not to "over train" as I prepare for Leadville. Last week was my biggest training week with over 50 miles of running so I'm thinking that I will back off the miles this week to 30-35.

On Tuesday I ran an easy 4 miles, 2 on the treadmill and 2 outside and then did calf raises and glutes at 24HRF. Tried to keep it simple and not too much of a beating on the body. Also, had my first massage since my spectacular mtn bike crash. It was outstanding, as usual. The muscles all around my scapula were pretty twisted and knotted. Hoping that by next week I'll be feeling stronger on my right side. There is still quite a bit of pain.

The pics below are of the Green Mountain landscape as I was chasing down the sun over the Rockies. Since my crash I've had to be extremely careful not to take a spill on the trails while running. This requires an intense amount of concentration as you run down the trails with your eyes never leaving the trails. Usually this is a bad thing as you can't really enjoy the beauty of your surroundings as you run. Well today this was a good thing.....at 5 miles into my run across the trail was a big old rattle snake stretched across the trail...not cool at all....was pretty shocked so I didn't even think to take a picture....hopefully I won't experience that again. Anyways it was a good run, no injuries...got back to the hotel and had my usual salad with salmon and 2 glasses of wine.






The family will be arriving this afternoon.....yea!! Doing some fishing, hiking and horseback riding up in Estes Park....very excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment