Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Feeling Better.....

Woke up this am after a restless night of sleeping. It's difficult to find a comfortable position when your ribs and shoulder blade is all jacked up. Nevertheless I managed to get in about 8 hours of sleep and woke up pretty stiff. I popped a couple of Alleve, sucked down a bottle of water and 2 cups of java and was inspired to head to the gym.

No running today, just 3.5 miles of walking at a 10 degree incline at 3.7MPH on the treadmill. The first 20 minutes were interestingly similar to how I felt after I cracked a couple of ribs falling down my stairs when I started back my training out in San Francisco with Daley. I started out feeling really sore but stuck with it and the muscles started to loosen up and by mile 2.5 I was feeling loose and actually pretty good...relatively speaking. What's funny in hindsight.....when I went to SF to train with Daley I had jcked up my ribs 2 weeks prior and was concerned about not being able to run.....so when I got to SF I rented a mountain bike to ride the trails, just in case I couldn't run....glad I could run that day...little did I know or understand how dangerous mountain bikes can be.

Suffice to say, I am switching gears and focusing on the run and going to do the Leadville Silver Rush 50 run instead of the bike. The jury is still out on whether or not I'm going to attempt to do the LT 100 bike the week out from the run....If I crash hard in the LT 100 I'm done for the LT 100 run, as that run is the real deal and you have got to be in peak condition to attempt that baby.

This morning's workout was a good mental exercise and not too rough on the damaged old bones. Going to do the same tomorrow except I'm thinking that I get up early and do a 10 mile speed walk on my normal run route. Also, got in my calf and quad presses today as well. No core for the next week at least, pretty sore still. Taking it easy this afternoon, doing some work on the computer and going to hang at the pool and grab some rays while I finish up a book that I've been trying to get through on Ultrarunning......

Feeling good!

1 comment:

  1. oops slight detour in the afternoon plans....with the dog bite, house fire, trip to E.R and all... maybe you just just relax on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete