Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, July 15, 2011

Back in the Saddle........


Francisco and I made it back up to Leadville, preparing for the SR 50 mile trail run. While Francisco ran the trails I decided to hop on my Mtn bike and give it another go. This afternoon was the first time that I've been on that bike since my bad accident. While most of the ride today was on gravel roads, I did manage to ride up Sugar Loaf which is a very rocky trail. I was a nervous wreck going up and coming down. I need to build back my confidence on the bike so I can relax. What I did realize was that I need to spend a bunch of time in the saddle and work my core between now and the LT 100 Bike. I also need to spend time analyzing the course and how I will manage the time on race day. I feel pretty comfortable that I'll get my game on for race day without a major crash, I now just need to determine if I am going to be able to finish, as there is no sense in riding 12 hours and missing the cutoff and beating up my body and not be able to get the Leadman trophy.

Tomorrow Tim is arriving in Leadville around 6AM so he can get in a 20 mile run, which is crazy.....My plan is to bike Columbine which is a 5 mile ride straight up the mountain...then I plan on relaxing the rest of the day and staying off my feet to rest up for the SR 50.

Weather was great today, however, lots of storm clouds. Hopefully it'll cooperate for us on Sunday.....Hitting the rack.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment