Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, July 1, 2011

A week of rest before the Leadville Marathon

I took most of the week to stretch, ice and heal up from last weekend's training in Leadville. I developed a slight issue with my right shin as well as the tendon on the front of my right foot along with my arch on the right foot. Went back to Dr Stark and he gave me some good stretches and advice on how to resolve my issues.

Yesterday went to the gym and put in about 1.5 miles on the treadmill and felt really good. Stretched the IT band, calfs, shins, arches and achilles as well as getting in a solid core work out. This am I got in a great massage before picking up Daley at the airport and finishing up a few items at the office then headed up to Leadville. Registered for the marathon in the am bib#428 and going to get some rest. Had a carb loading lunch and will have a light dinner with pasta and hydrate.

The race begins at 8AM and I hope to finish in under 5 hours....which will be tough but think doable. Not having run this course before can't be certain just what I'll be facing. Post race hopping SWA back to Nashville for the holiday weekend with the family.....Which I'm really looking forward to....till then...eat, hydrate, rest and run!

Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow:) Hope you have a great day and good flight back...see you in 24 hours...unless Butler and I go out after U2(may be more like 27 hours:) LOVE YOU....Carlita Bobolita, Sadie McGrady, Action Jackson, Sissy, OliverSnoliverDoliver, Franciebaby, & Frankmeister heinyhunt master of the universe:) XO We LOVE you!!!

    ReplyDelete