Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Silver Rush 50 Mile Mtn Bike....


Today the gun went off at 9AM MDT and about 500 Mtn bikers ran up the hill with their bikes, with their HR's most likely red lining.....It was a beautiful day for a race in Leadville. Throughout the day clouds rolled in but there was no rain, just cloud cover for the competitors. Hopefully we'll have the same weather for our 50 mile trail run....we'll see.

I took the day off from all exercise and just slept at the hotel, answered emails, got organized for work next week. Grabbed a dinner/lunch with Tim, Francisco, Hawaiian Ray and Scott at Zichetelli's, loading up on the carbs. Heading out to Mountain High Pizza's to grab a large cheese pizza. PLanning on packing up the pizza tomorrow for the run. It's a great food to chow down while running. Trying out Gu Brew tomorrow, which I'm hoping does the trick. No magnesium in Gu Brew, shot blocks or hammer gels. The race will have 7 aid stations that I will leverage tomorrow, but will have 75% of my needs in my camelback. So nutrition is pretty dialed in for tomorrow.

Physically I've gotten rest and stayed off of my feet today. My right foot is still giving me some troubles but I'm not expecting it to be a problem unless I step wrong on a rock or try to push it too hard. Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good. Trying out the "new" Brooks trail running shoes.

We'll be getting up at 4:30AM MDT to grab breakfast at the Delaware hotel before heading down to the race start at 6:00AM MST. The first goal tomorrow is to simply finish, without any major injuries. Ideally I'd like to finish in under 10 hours, but more realistically it'll be closer to 11 hours.

Till then....Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. You are forgetting to mention you were wearing the t-shirt given for the race.. and the cap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting the pic of me with the huge ice cream sundae:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the results of the real race?

    ReplyDelete