Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Monday, July 11, 2011

Wedding Bells in Upstate NY

This past Thursday we made the trek up to Buffalo NY via SWA for Tim's wedding on Keuka Lake. Before going to the wedding we hit Niagara Falls, the Maid of the Mist and Darien Lake amusement park. On Friday evening we arrived at the Esperanza Mansion and was greeted by TIm and most of the wedding party, playing beer pong outside of our hotel room. I learned how to play beer pong and with a perfect record of 2-0 decided to quick while I was ahead and get some rest. The plan for the morning was to rise at 4:45AM to get in a 4 hour run around a portion of Keuka Lake.



The morning temps were in the high 50's low 60's...perfect for running. The sun officially rises at 5:54AM, but it was light out when I hit the road at 5AM. I made my way down the a route that led me to Keuka College and then down along the shoreline. At this hour of the morning the only thing up and about were the nocturnal animals...raccoons and deer. The run was very relaxing, but a bit punishing on the legs as most of the run was on pavement or on the dirt and gravel on the side of the road.

The total run was 21 miles and I must admit that it really beat my legs up. They felt like two pieces of lead. Not certain if that was from the pounding of the pavement and not being on trails, lack of nutrition or just still not being fully recovered from the Leadville marathon. In any event it was a challenge.

Later that day Timmy got married at 4:30PM overlooking Keuka Lake from the Esperanza Mansion. A beautiful day, ceremony and reception that followed. Got to bed around 11:30PM that night and then headed off to Rochester NY to see our good friends, the Baiocchi's. We had a fabulous time with them on Sunday and was able to catch up over a few beers, wine and some out of this world Sherry........mmmmm!

Was a little slow getting getting up this am and my joints were aching, not certain if it was the Sherry, Darien Lake, the 21 mile run the day before or the combination of all three. So I popped 2 Alleve and felt good the rest of the day. No work outs on Sunday or Monday but plan on getting in 5 miles tomorrow after I get back to Denver....on the treadmill... a nice soft surface. This weekend is the 50 mile Silver Rush and I need to take it easy going into the event to make certain that I finish it and stay in contention for the Leadman.....

Gotta get up at the crack.....cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment