Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Preparing for the Silver Rush 50 Trail Run

I boarded the 6:50AM flight from Nashville to Denver today after a long weekend in upstate NY with the Family. I'm not certain which is harder work.......but glad to be back at altitude so I don't lose the acclimation that I have earned over the last month training out here in Denver, its foothills and Leadville.

I left the office at about 7:15PM and walked back to the hotel and headed straight for the work out room where I got in 3.5 miles on the treadmill at a 8:30/Mile average pace and my HR was around 120....which is good. I managed to stretch the calves, quads, IT bands, hamstrings and achilles during and post run. Overall felt good. Didn't have any issues with my right arch and think that 2 days off did it good.

Post work out I had a very nice salmon salad dinner at the hotel and 2 Blue Moons. Back at the room and calling it a night. Tired after a long day. The US Women's Soccer Team plays France at 10AM tomorrow and I'm very excited to have a tv in my office to get updates on the score. Tomorrow evening planning on getting in a 5 mile run with Tim on the trails....hopefully the weather will cooperate. Right now we're having a major thunderstorm in Denver, while it is pouring down rain and 51F in Leadville, which may make for a sloppy, chilly run on Sunday....bummer.

Anyways, getting 8 hours of sleep tonight.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey IM...come to South Texas to live for a while and you will appreciate any weather below 70 and rain as well :)...Pack your rain gear, see you at SR50!!

    ReplyDelete