Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Monday, March 8, 2010

Altitude.......whew!


Well - I made it back to Denver today at 5,200 feet elevation after spending more time out of Denver than in over the past 2 weeks. I must say - that my HR outside of Denver has been very low during my exercise routines. However, now that I'm back in Denver - my swim this evening a mere 1,000 meters was a struggle - even with my swim buoy. My breathing timing was off in the water - despite a concerted focus.

I followed up my swim with a 1 hour spin session - albeit I pushed hard - my peak Hr was 146 - which it has been a while since hitting that. Worked up a solid sweat and felt good - but winded any time my HR got up over 135BPM.

This morning when I got up my right high achilles was sore from my 12 mile run on Sunday morning - which I polished off in a little over 1:30 and change. felt pretty good and did not really push it too hard as my average HR was 123BPM. I walked every hill - jogged down every hill and kept a good steady pace. I believe that I'm favoring my left leg and therefore creating an achilles problem with my right. Despite all of the base training - and strength - I still have an imbalance. The positive outcome is that its not too bad - I'm just hypersensitive to it. It's the same problem right achilles high strain that I've had in the past.

I started of the week right with a 12 mile run and 30 minute swim time trial - got in about 1,600 meters in total for the day. Today got in a 1,000 meter swim followed by a 1 hour spin. Planning on a good spin session in the am as I nurse my right achilles back to health over the next 2 days.

The altitude really did affect me today.....time to get some sleep - a busy few days in front of me.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment