Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Windy Brick.......


A big training day. Started out the day with a 4 mile run to the park to watch Sinclair's soccer game. Post game rode 50 miles at an average of 18.1MPH. Half way thru the ride my avg speed was about 16 MPH as I was riding into some very heavy headwinds. I was concerned about my speed as I have not ridden my Felt B2 Pro and very much trying to get use to my new saddle as well as getting my butt saddle worthy. My legs felt heavy for the first hour - thinking that it was due to the 10 miles that I ran the previous morning - but then came the next 25 miles.........

Well, suffice to say the second 25 miles was much better than the first - as I was warmed up, motivated and had the wind to my back. I broke a speed record today when I hit 52.9MPH - however I almost dumped it as I had my 303 front wheel - which caught the wind gusts which made for a pretty scary ride.

Overall I felt pretty darn good - finishing strong. Post ride I slapped on my sneakers and hit the road for a 3 mile run. The first 2 miles - my legs felt like lead weights - as I tried to work the lactic acid out of the muscles.

Here is my HR data for the work out:

Z1 95-114 = 25 minutes = Avg HR 104 BPM
Z2 114-133 = 2:54 minutes = Avg HR 124 BPM
Z3 133-152 = 35 minutes = Avg HR 135 BPM
Z4 152-171 = 0

Almost a 4 hour work out today and feeling pretty good. With 3 weeks to go before IM 70.3 New Orleans - I'm going to be ready for a great training day in New Orleans - followed by the MCM 26.2 the following weekend. Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment