Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Monday, March 15, 2010

First Race of the Season


Last week I had to take off Thursday and Friday due to a bad cold, however, managed to get in a ski day at Vail on Friday. On Saturday morning after getting 5.5 hours of sleep I ran the Tom King 1/2 marathon and posted a 1:38 time averaging a 7:33/mile. Felt good - but was tight afterwards, specifically my right calf. I stretched it good and on Sunday am now achilles issues :)

On Sunday I biked for 1 hour on the trainer and then ran about 7.5-8.0 miles outside in the lousy weather. Again, felt good however, post run my knees were sore (as they were the day before as well). Thinking that this is due to running on the hard pavement versus running inside on the treadmill. I consumed the post run drink and took supplements. Monday am got up at the crack to fly to Denver, sleeping 2 hours on the plane. Worked a long day and got home at 8:30PM - grabbed some cereal for dinner and getting to bed early so that I can get up at 4AM to get to 24HR Fitness by 4:30AM to get in a 30 minutes swim and a 1 hour run and then a 45 minute bike ride - followed by a solid core training work out for 15 minutes. A great way to start the day.

This week I've got to get in time on the bike and run. Balancing my health as I do not want to get worn down from last weeks bought with a cold. Being careful and getting my rest - going to try to push it this week.

Making progress - pleased with 1/2 marathon run time - probably could've taken a couple of minutes off of my time.

Lot's to do - little time to squeeze it all in.

Cheers.!

No comments:

Post a Comment