Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Training is on track.......


This past week I managed to get in my minimum running miles and felt pretty good. Got in 10 mile long runs this week along with continued core work out - but didn't really focus on my calves. This week I will work the achilles and calf raises. As I add more miles - need to continue strength training.

I'm exactly one month out from IM 70.3 New Orleans - and believe that I will be well prepared. Need work on the bike and must get in at least 3-4 56 mile rides before then. Post New Orleans we've got 3 state 3 mountain along with the Music City marathon. I've decided to run the entire marathon to build my base for IMLAZ as well as Leadville. Going to have to really work on post recovery, nutrition and balance.

This weekend was a good training weekend as I got in a long run along with a 2 hour bike ride on Saturday, while volunteering the the Hell of the South bike race. Today I got in another 1.5 hours on the bike while watch Syracuse whip up on Gonzaga - followed by a 1:30 swim, getting in close to 3,000 meters. Shoulders are a little sore which tells me that I need to be in the pool more.

This week I've got a massage lined up for Wednesday. As Monday I will be doing a 10 mile run. Tuesday 2 spin sessions and one swim. Wednesday a medium run and a spin session in the am. Thursday - Sunday not certain yet.

Just going to keep plugging away.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment