Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, March 5, 2010

Base & Interval Mix


Monday I managed to get in a simple 1 hour spin at the YMCA and then took a flight to Phoenix to catch a Suns/Nuggets game. Pro basketball isn't a great spectator sport - lazy basketball. On Tuesday AM I was up at 3:15AM to visit Pendum's local vault operations - not a lot of sleep. Got back to the hotel around 6:30AM - went back to bed for an hour and then got up and hit the treadmill for 4 miles - with interval training. I forgot how much I dislike interval training. Cranked the treadmill to a 5:30/Mile pace for 1 minute then 3 minutes at 8:30/Mile for 4 miles - a great workout. HR gets into the low 140's about 75% of my max. Recovery takes about 15-20 seconds to get back down to 100BPM. I took an earlier flight back to Denver and ran 6 miles at tempo and then got in a 45 minute spin class. So 10 mile run and 45 spin - I was glad to be done and needed to get some sleep.

On Wednesday am I made it to 24 hour fitness for a 25 minute swim and core training - then off to the office for an 8am meeting. Traveled to Chicago to a CFO roundtable meeting at the University Club - a very good meeting. On Thursday - no work out in the am - but made it back to Nashville and got in a 4 mile interval training run followed by a 1 hour spin and then a 4 mile tempo run - at 8:30/mile. HR was averaging 123BPM during last 4 miles - felt really good - like I could've run another 10 miles - but didn't.

Friday(this am) made it to WCRC at 5:30AM for a 1 hour swim - probably got in 2,300 meters - at a decent pace. My swim is coming along nicely - core workouts are paying dividends with form in the water and breathing is improving - getting more strokes between breaths - focusing on 3 then 5 stroke combinations. This afternoon if the weather heats up - I'm out on my bike for a 2 hour ride - followed by at least a 7 mile run - which I need to make happen as it'll be 25 miles week to date on the run and then on Saturday need to get in another 8- miles. Need more sleep - plan on getting some this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment