Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Monday, March 7, 2011

After a solid bike ride in rainy cold and ugly weather, I managed to get in a solid 45 minute strength training session at Prairie Life on Saturday.

I've been methodically stretching and strengthening my IT bands, quads, calves, hamstrings and hips/gluts.

Nursing a sore right shoulder that only gets worse when I swim. So yesterday I swam 1,500M at an average pace of 2:20/100M. When I swam 2.4 miles in Australia IM my average pace was 1:48/100M. While I don't expect to get to that level for IM 70.3 STX I need to be at 2:00/100M. This pace will deliver a 42 minute swim time for 1.2 mile swim. Guessing that I'll end up with a 42-45 minute swim time due to the fact that I won't swim in a straight line and secondly, no wetsuits are allowed in this race.....

On my usual Monday morning flight to Denver. Have a busy day planned but will make it to 24HR Fitness for strength training and a 2-3 mile run.

On Tuesday I'll be back in the water and on the bike. I need to get in more time on the bike. Really need to get in a 56 mile ride this weekend. Hoping that the weather cooperates.

The rest of March and April are focused on IM STX and strengthening my legs/core. Post STX I will have about 112 days till the Leadville Trail 100 and 106 days till the LT100 bike.

Plenty of training ahead...............

No comments:

Post a Comment