Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's in your head...in your head... zombie, zombie, zombie...e..e..e.?????

So I get up at 4:45AM today to hit 24HR Fitness for a 30 minute swim and 1 hour spin class. Swim was fine, need to get stronger in the water. The spin class was pretty intense. For those people that go to spin classes understand that it's what you put in is what you get out of it. Today i decided that i wanted to push hard for the entire hour....this meant keeping my HR above 140-145 the entire time.

At 6AM, post swim, one needs to find something to focus on that will motivate you to push yourself to the upper limits. Today my zombie was the young bull. For one hour I simply envisioned that I was chasing the young bull in STX on the bike and I could see him and had to push hard to catch him. The lady next to me probably thought that I was a whack job as I muttered for an hour "catch his ass!!" ...."I'm going to catch you!!!". My quads and lungs burned while my HR reached around 155, which is pretty much red line for me. I left a puddle around my bike this am...definitely the sign of a good work out.

Post work out I did strength training exercises on my gluts and hips along with core, calves and quads. A good day..... Hitting the rack and going to chase down the young bull again tomorrow. I will catch him......

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment