Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Glad to be back training...look out young bull!

Made it into the pool and onto the bike on Tuesday and Thursday of this week. On Wednesday just hit the bike. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I hadn't lost a ton after being off of the bike for a few months while I had focused on my run. My knee and IT band felt just fine. No running this week at all. I'm going to try to run a few miles on the treadmill on Sunday. In addition to hitting the pool and bike I started back on core exercises. Thinking that I need to research a few different core exercises to mix up my routine, along with squats and perhaps a yoga class or pilates once a week.

Being back in the pool was a bit of a challenge as I've lost my form and I've got to get back to focusing on form and efficiency in the water. It continues to be a weakness but over the next 60 days I'll have a 1.2 mile swim dialed in. An ocean swim with no wetsuit, mind you.

All of my trail running has given me a great base to build on as I enter triathlon training season. Still need to buy a mountain bike and plan out my late spring training on it.....still have plenty of time.

Tomorrow I plan on hitting the pool again along with a the bike for an hour spin or perhaps actually getting on my B2 Pro outside. Having ridden the STX course and run it as well, I definitely have the home field advantage over the young bull. I just have to hope that my IT band/knee heals up and i can get in enough run traning to have a 1:35 half marathon after smoking the bike in 2:35....we'll see.

Gotta get my sleep, so I can train, think, etc....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment