Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, February 4, 2011

It's a Chilly Night in Texas......

We made it to Houston this afternoon on time, surprisingly, despite snow and ice storms that have hit the south. I';m so tired of the cold weather. When I picked out this early season race, I was thinking about a warm, low altitude venue. Tomorrow morning the temperatures are suppose to be in the mid 20's, yep, that's right, the mid 20's...WTF?? So I do have plenty of gear and will be very well prepared.

The sun rises around 7PM and sets around 6PM....Tomorrow night the temps will get back down below freezing, which is when things will get a little tricky. Hopefully, I'll be able to shake the 72 mile DNF monkey off my back. I have a game plan for tomorrow, but it's a loose plan. That's the way I like it ...loose.

I've trained well for this race. Definitely have not over trained. I have no injuries or even minor tweaks entering this race. I have gotten plenty of rest, eaten well and mentally have prepared for a very tough 24 hours. My goal is simple, watch the super bowl on the big screen back at 9651 Masonwood Way. That's perspective.....

WIth that said, it's time to get my 7 hours of sleep. I'll be texting updates to my posse throughout the race....

Cheers!

PS - Go Big or Stay Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment