Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Friday, February 18, 2011

TGIF.........

This was a very long week. Work has been rather demanding, while I attempt to get back into training for STX 70.3. I managed to get in 25 miles on the FB2PRO today. Felt pretty good for the most part. When I take inventory of my overall health. I am feeling pretty strong on the bike. My left knee still feels a little aggravated and my right foot is all better...I think. I'm certainly concerned about over training and developing an injury. Lot's of minor aches and pains right now.

Since the RR100 I've been experiencing light headedness post work outs. Think I pushed maybe a little too hard in that race, albeit it sure didn't feel like it at the time. Have had several instances, but was able to get thru them. Also, slight memory loss as well...attribute it to being 43. Not certain if my little drop in BP episode is the reason for this. Frustrating at times.

Post bike ride today I felt very dizzy and just out of sorts. Granted it was my first ride, I felt good and pushed hard to catch up to some dude that was about 1/2 mile in front of me. It took me about 10 minutes or so but I did catch him and then hit it hard as I could as I passed him. I'm certainly not use to being in aero position. When I was in the pool this week when I got out I was pretty dizzy as well. It only lasted for about 30 seconds and this is a familiar feeling as I've always had an issue with my equilibrium when coming out of the water - just not usually after 20-30 minutes. But like I said - I haven't been on the bike or in the pool for months so I'm thinking that this is the reason why. We'll see.

More to follow tomorrow.

Guten Abend....

No comments:

Post a Comment