Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Week of Training Complete


This was a fairly good week. Thru Wednesday I managed to get in 15 miles on the treadmill, 1.5 hours on the bike(spin) and 30 minutes in the pool (1500 yards). On Thursday I hit 24 HR on Alameda for a 2 mile run with 45 minute bike/spin class. MY HR averages 135-140 while spinning - really worked it hard. On Thursday evening missed a work out run as I had to go out to dinner with colleagues from the office. In hindsight I needed the break. On Friday, after only 4.5 hours of sleep, I got up to run 5 miles at 24 HR Fitness on Hampden and light core work out - along with calf raises. After a hectic Friday - I hopped a flight back to Nashville to take Jack to Bball practice and I skipped over to Prairie Life to run 3 miles on the treadmill. Also, did more calf raises some light core and stretching. During the wok out my Polar HR monitor went - so I stopped with Jack on the way home at Academy Sports where I picked up a Timex IM watch and HR monitor.

Today I logged 8 miles on the treadmill at Prairie Life. Felt pretty good. In addition, I did more calf raises, Lats, Tris, and core. I tested out my my watch and HR monitor and my average HR was 125 while running 8 miles at a 8:27/mile pace. Not pushing it hard as I'm still working my base. I want to be very careful and not push the speed too fast as I'm certain that I'll end up injured - unless I take my time - which I have plenty of before the first event in 2010.

My weight this am was 175 and this evening 177lbs. I've been careful about what I've been eating, but also have had zero alcohol - which helps significantly in keeping the weight off. My goal is to fluctuate between a low of 173 and a high of 175. I fully intend to work my calves and quads so I can take the pounding of the LT100.

The totals for the week are as follows:

Ran 33 miles - average pace was probably between 8:00 - 8:30/mile pace and HR was 125 - 135

Bike 2.5 hours - average HR was 135-140 during all spin classes - worked very hard in classes - no slacking at all

Swim 3000 yards - not a great week but managed to get in the pool twice

Rest - it was a challenging week - did not get enough sleep during the week - although last night I got 9 hours and tonight I hope to log about 8 hours.

Nutrition - a pretty good week. Lot's of fruit this week, only a couple of salads, but lots of sushi and no real over eating. Brought pasta and salmon to work 2 days this week along with fruit and yogurt for snacks, along with carrots.

It was a very good week of training - could've got in one more session on the bike and one in the water. There's always next week - which I will make the point to get in 3 swims, 3 bikes and 36 miles (10% increase week over week). Knock on wood - no injuries so far. Taking my vitamins, recoverite and various other supplements to aid the old bone and joints.

Gotta crash as I have a 7AM CST call in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment