Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Great Training Day - Need my Sleep


A great training day. Got to 24HR Fitness at 5:15AM for the 6AM spin class. I managed to get in 2 miles on the treadmill - a nice warm up - before going into the spin class. Hit it hard - need to focus on bike positioning so that I do not injure my knees. Managed to get out of the office at 5PM sharp today - versus yesterday - which was a challenge.

I made it to the 1 hour spin class at 6PM this evening followed by a 3 mile run, core work out, calves, lats, tris, etc. A great work out - but very tired. I have been averaging about 5 hours sleep per night - which is not good. So tonite I should get in 7 hours and then hitting the pool for a 30 minute swim - going to do laps as I need to be in the pool 3 day a week and this is a very nice change from the bike/run routine.

So far I've got in 15 miles of running and 1Hr 45 minutes on the bike. Albeit it;s more like 2.5 hours on a road bike - pretty high intensity stuff. HR stays above 130 BPM most of the time.

Had a good pasta lunch. Dinner had raspberries, blackberrys, a salad, small 6oz piece of wild salmon and Ben & Jerry's kids scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream - very good.

Finished preparing for JPMC call tomorrow, looking into travel to London/Dublin and the Carlton Club - lots going on so little time.

Gotta get some sleep tonite.

Cheers - a great training day - need more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment