Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Orange Crush ...............


Another training week ins about to begin. But before getting into training - I need to give some attention to the #1 Men's Hoops Team in the Nation.......The Syracuse Oranegemen!!!! Syracuse trounced the Wildcats from Villanova - a bad day for that matter for all Widcats as the UK fell HARD to the Volunteers of TN. Kanas managed to stumble as well and we all know that Purdue is cooked with the recent loss of their star performer due to a blown ACL. With the tournament just around the corner the Orangemen are peaking just at the right time. 3 weeks ago I placed a bet in Vegas on the Orange to win the NCAA tournament at 20-1 odds. I'm betting that those odds have since changed.

Back to training. Last week was a decent week of training. The focus in February was base training. February was a good month and my goal was accomplished. Diligently attentive to the achilles and calves along with 30 miles per week of running 4-5 hours of bike and at least 2 swims per week have resulted in a solid base to build upon in the month of March. The theme for March is going to be interval training and longer runs and longer rides. Not crazy long runs or rides - but will get in at least one long run and one long ride (at tempo) where my heart rate will average 125-130 BPM for 2 hours - 3 hours at a pop.

I've got to keep a mindful eye on the run and really continuing to build on my base so that I can take the pounding of the Leadville 100 in August and stay injury free. 1 month post Leadville I've got my last 70.3 event in Syracuse of the season ....I think. Lot's of training - lot's of work, so focus on balance and staying organized in the month of March will be the key determinant of successful month.

Today - swim training.

No comments:

Post a Comment