Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Great Bike Training ......But it's All About the Run!


Made it to a 2.5 hour training session today on the Computrainer - a great work out and very cool way to keep track of wattage, HR, etc. I haven't been on on my Felt B2 Pro for more than 2 hours - so today was a tough work out. Must've burned 2,000 calories on the bike today, which was followed by an easy 2 mile run to get the lactic acid out of the legs.

Will & Kathy both went the distance as well today. We're all getting tuned up for our first event of the year - IM 70.3 New Orleans. Will seems to think that he can take me in New Orleans. Not a chance as he will crash & burn on the run - a repeat of Canada and Austin - he has yet to break thru mentally in an endurance race - the Young Bull.

This week I managed to get in 1 swim about 30 miles on the run and 4.5 hours on the bike. Still building a strong base. In March I plan on developing fast twitch muscles on the run and endurance on the bike. So one more week of base building and then getting the kinks out and begin dialing in on New Orleans.

Core has been a focus in February along with lats, triceps, knees and calf strength training. As I enter my third season of triathlon - I'm beginning to understand more about how to training effectively and doing so without developing nagging injuries.

My work schedule is going to be very very hectic over the next 60 days - so focus will be very important as will staying organized. Family, Work and Training have to be balanced - this will be a big big challenge. So - keeping track of my sleep, nutrition and emotional state will be important. I'm noticeably irritable when I'm not getting enough sleep or have a nutrition imbalance.

I understand what I need to do - have the right strategy - it's all about execution at this point.

The beat goes on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment