Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Simple Discipline

Got up at 4:30AM MDT today to hit 24HR Fitness for a 5 Mile run at an 8:30/mile with avg HR at 128. Started out high then settled in at 125-130 BPM. Post run did a high intensity spin class for 45 minutes. Was pretty spent after the class. For breakfast managed to have a yogurt and toast along with a banana and orange at the office. I missed lunch but was still able to get through a 1 hour spin class tonite and another 5 mile run and then core and weights for knees, calves, tris and lats. During the 5 mile run I manage to get in some interval training - cranking up the speed to a 5:30 and 6 min/mile.

Felt pretty good this evening, took my recoverite, vitamin E, Glucosamine, one a day vitamin and 2 advil for any inflammation. Also, stretched my achilles at least 5 times today. Legs are feeling stronger, much stronger. I believe that I 've got a great base developing.

I'm pretty tire and need to go to bed to get my rest - which is my biggest issue right now. In the am I'm going to make it to the spin class and try to get there a little early to get in a 1,000 yards in the pool.

So far this week I'm off to a pretty good start. Got stay disciplined......

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment